|Applying online takes about 15 minutes.|
- A seniors card can provide discounts on products and services in both Tasmania and interstate.
- It is free to join and the card has no expiry date.
- You can apply online, in person at a service centre, by email, or post.
|Get started||Seniors card online||Please visit the Department of Premier and Cabinet to apply for a seniors card|
About applying for a seniors card
The Tasmanian Seniors Card Program is a State Government initiative, supported by more than 600 businesses that offer a range of discounts on products and services.
All seniors card holders can manage their details using an online account
How to apply
If you are applying by email or post, you must include copies of your proof of identity.
|Department of Premier and Cabinet||Find your nearest Service Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org||GPO Box 123 |
What you need to apply
If you apply online you must have:
- an email address you can use to create your online account
- proof of identity documents.
Post or email
If you apply by post or email you must:
- return the completed application form (PDF, 58KB)
- include copies of proof of identity
If you apply in person at a service centre you must:
- show original proof of identity documents.
Can I apply?
To apply for a seniors card you must:
- be a Tasmanian resident
- be 60 years of age or over
- work no more than 20 hours per week (averaged over a 12 month period).
Proving your identity
There are 2 ways to prove your identity:
- Provide your current Tasmanian driver licence
- Provide identity documents
One of the documents must have your date of birth and one must prove your Tasmanian residential address.
- Australian Birth certificate (or extract)
- Australian Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearms licence
- Medicare Card
- Credit card/debit card with your signature
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card or Centrelink Aged Pension Card
- Change of Name or Marriage Certificate (from Births, Deaths and Marriages) to prove any name change
- Recent bank statement or utility account with current residential address.
How much it costs
There is no cost associated with this service.
There is no payment required for this service.
Please visit the Department of Premier and Cabinet for more information on applying for a seniors card.