About applying for a seniors card
The Tasmanian Seniors Card Program is a State Government initiative, supported by more than 550 businesses that offer a range of discounts on products and services.
If you previously had a seniors card and it has been lost, damaged or stolen you can order a replacement card.
You can also update your details if they have changed.
How to apply
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to apply
You must visit a service centre and provide:
- a completed application form (PDF, 58KB)
- proof of identity documents.
Can I apply?
To apply for a seniors card you must:
- be a Tasmanian resident
- be 60 years of age or over
- work no more than 20 hours per week in paid employment, averaged over a 12 month period.
Proving your identity
You must provide 3 original identity documents from the list below.
One of the documents must have your date of birth and one must prove your Tasmanian residential address.
- Australian Birth certificate (or extract)
- Australian Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearms licence
- Medicare Card
- Credit card/debit card with your signature
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card or Centrelink Aged Pension Card
- Change of Name or Marriage Certificate (from Births, Deaths and Marriages) to prove any name change
- Recent bank statement or utility account with current residential address.
How much it costs
There is no cost associated with this service.
There is no payment required for this service.